Helping people is your calling. A Post counseling program can help you make it your profession.
At Post University, you can choose from the following counseling certificates and programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services
1Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- Designed to take your counseling skills and career to the next level.
- Select courses which will cover the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of various psychiatric disorders.
1Graduate Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Learn the effects of substance abuse on the individual, family, and community and how to assess, diagnose, and treat those addictions using the latest and best practices.
- Participate in two field practicums where you will have the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in professional settings.
1Master of Science in Counseling and Human Services
- Develop knowledge in the areas of prevention, remediation, psychoeducation, diagnosis, assessment, and intervention.
- Prepared for a wide variety of jobs in the helping professions.
Counseling Profession Outlook: At A Glance
- "Employment of substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counselors is projected to grow 23 percent from 2020 to 2030..." (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021).
- "Employment of school and career counselors and advisors is projected to grow 11 percent from 2020 to 2030..." (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2021).
Flexible Online Programs
As a pioneer in online education, Post University is proud to offer flexible counseling certificates and graduate programs - 100% online.
You will be led and supported by our experienced faculty, who bring years of professional experience and expertise in the counseling field into the virtual classroom. It is our commitment to you, to be with you every step of the way, from when you enroll, to when you graduate.